- The Lions at 0-14 have nothing to lose
- The Saints at 7-7 and out of the playoff hunt have nothing to gain
- The Lions have played opponents closer in recent weeks including Indy last week and the Vikings the week before
- The Saints have been awful on the road, holding an appalling 1-6 record.
- Traveling to Green Bay in week 17 it seems inevitable that the Lions must beat the Saints if they're going to win at all this season.
With those facts in mind, if you've got some disposable cash sitting around (and in this economy who doesn't?) put it on Detroit. And when you speak of us, speak of us fondly.