Vince Young played well, but not nearly as well as the hype.
That's absolutely insane. VY went 8-5 as a starter on a squad that may have been the worst team in the NFL in September. He set a rookie record for rushing yards and nearly led the Titans to the playoffs. For Pete Prisco to say a guy he thought was "years away" from even playing was anything but brilliant is sheer lunacy.
It's nice to see we're not alone in our belief that Pete Prisco sucks. The good people over at Cold, Hard Football Facts have apparently been mocking Prisco's take on the NFL Draft for years. Their yearly report can be seen here, and they provide the extraordinarily detailed scorecard that we've always wanted to create. CHFF suggests that there are five...deficiencies...in Pete's work:
1) He doesn't write that good (seeing how we don't either, we'll forgive him for that one)
2) He gets simple facts wrong
3) He constantly overrates the Trojans (6 of 8 Trojans drafted in 2006 were the "Best Pick" of their respective teams)
4) He has a limited vocabulary
5) His crystal ball doesn't work so well.
It is also worth mentioning that CHFF predicted a Texas victory before the 2006 Rose Bowl, and called VY's 2006 year the "greatest year ever for a college-to-pro quarterback." Their site is highly recommended for an alternative look at the world of football.
Here's to CHFF! Keep up the great work.